Sunday, May 18, 2008

Too windy, too early

Today I stayed in bed. A huge wind woke me up at about 3-3:30 am, rattling the windows and knocking things around in the garden. My husband was going to compete in a road race this morning, but at 5:30, then 6:00 he was still in bed, so I figured he heeded the warning of the wind and decided to give it a miss. I was wrong, he got up, ate, got to the race with about 5 minutes to spare and did it, cold. And it was cold (by our standards), less than 15 C and up the range to where is was 6 C. I stayed home, by the time I realised it was goin' down it was too late really. And I suffered all morning. I worried about the race, and I didn't ride, moping around the house and garden. I tied up the tomatoes, planted rocket and hot peppers. I did two loads of laundry, and worried about my #1 dog, who was at the vets, leaving #2 at home and lonely. Lots of soulfull looks and heartfelt sighs, and that was just Rusty.

I'll never stay in bed for a race again. I'll take my thermos and my chair and my bike too, so I can get a ride in around the race. I am so not ready to compete, I may never compete. But it is a great group and it is such fun to be there.

Kudos to Sue "the Bandit" for winning D grade this morning! The day I can hang on to you, I am doing D grade too.

total this week 219 km
last week was a pb of 308, so I was resting on my laurals a bit.

No comments: