Friday, July 11, 2008

time flies

Goodness, it has been a long while since I blogged. It is not because life has been uneventful. Au contraire. If I had any more events in my life I would spontaneously combust.

I am suffering from busy persons syndrome. If you need a job done, give it to a busy person. That is the theory. The reality is that those of us who are hard wired to be ‘pleasers’ can be driven to collapse. If it wasn’t for cycling, I would have imploded a long time ago.

But at least I have cycling. Thank GOD. When the going gets tough, the tough get on their bikes. I was so tired when I left work today I thought I would just spin home. But the more I rode, the better I felt. Thanks to my son who put a HUGE loop of techno on my ipod, I just kept the cadence going and flew home. As you do. And had the energy to do laundry, change the linen, cook dinner, drink wine, have a few laughs and blog while the blokes watch the footy.

All good.

I am sitting on 205km on Friday evening. Most disappointing, but it has been a crazy week. 100k weekend? No worries.

No comments: