Thursday, September 25, 2008

rest day

The training has been going really well, I still managed to get 257 kms around trips to the gym and the required recovery times last week. Starting up gym sessions is always gratifying because the gains are rapid over the first weeks, so you do feel encouraged, if a bit tired.

I also did a base time trial around the Uni loop so we can see if all of this translates into speed over the next six weeks. It is only a 3km circuit, but done at full bore leaves me pretty breathless. It was a still day, so I was pretty fast, and I know that a windy day will add a lot to my time, so we’ll just have to wait and see how the numbers add up.

My trainer ‘suggested’ I take a rest day today, which is why I finally have time to get a blog entry in. I can’t take a day off the bike, I do commute on it, but I will doodle in the short way (around 6 kms). I might as well leave home showered and in work clothes ‘cause I won’t break a sweat. This will be my only small ride this week, since we have an awareness ride on Sunday that will clock about 70kms on my week – and Sunday is my usual rest day.

Well that’s it for now, I need to get busy investigating – booking a trip to Adelaide to see Lance in the Tour Downunder. There is no way we are going to miss that!

No comments: