Monday, October 27, 2008

all and nothing

Summer must be nearly here, I am savaged by mozzies while sitting here at the computer. You don’t see them but suddenly you are welt city.

Anyway, I have been really, really busy. Make yourself ill with stress busy, but a conference for over 100 spatial scientists is finished and I can breathe again. If you didn’t have a day job this stuff would be a doodle, but work is so full on, and everything else is extra.

140 ish kms last week. The true measure of disaster and over-commitment. I can’t recall the last time I was actually in town all week and did so few kms. No wonder I was sick all week. I have to do a lot of gym sessions this week – every morning bright and early, but when the gym training is over I am just going to ride and ride until I can’t ride any more. I need the miles under my wheels like a balm for my soul. I need the time. Actually I am wrong – I need the disconnect with time that comes with cycling in the groove along familiar roads. I need to nurture the rainman by passing over those familiar training roads again and again. I need a century, and a nice coffee, and an afternoon nap.

I promised myself a cycle this afternoon, but of course I couldn’t stop working and suddenly it was the end of the day. Soon…

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Hey I didn't realize that the bloke on a bike was a Atlantic Pedaler member.

Big miles... #2

-B

Dee said...

The magic of the internet, staying connected from afar...