Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas eve


Had a top ride this morning. Cool breeze (well – relatively speaking) and a float out to the dam before work. Just the most perfect morning. Hardly any traffic, parrots shot across my path and filled my vision with jewel colours and raucous sounds. It was easy to settle into the rhythm of the ride. Heart beating with excitement, grinning with pleasure, I found wings and flew. Up the wall like gossamer, a rest and a drink, then down and out from the dam. It is slightly downhill, the wind fresh and across your path, I put the hammer down and sped toward the bridge. I had to let out a yell of delight, it was mad, and perfect.

So this is my gift to all the snow bound Christmas celebrants out there. Be of good cheer. Dream of the freedom that summer brings. Love riding, never give up.

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

Merry Christmas Dee.

-B