Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas



Had a nice cycle with friends this morning, we went out to surprise a mate who came off the bike and broke a few things, and is stuck in bed. Luckily he and his wife were pleased to be awoken by a dozen or so lycra clad loonies bellowing christmas carols outside their bedroom window at 6:30 am. 

Thanks to my sister Gwen for the flowers, the smell of lillies is divine. We had nice presents. I got new wheels (Mavic ksyriums, they cost more than my engagement ring so I guess I still rate!) We are now replete with turkey and all the trimmings, kicking back for a relax.

A ride and swim tomorrow, coffee with friends, life is good indeed. Merry Christmas to all.

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Hey that's what I ride for wheels.

-B

Dee said...

Well that would explain why you are poor but happy!

Actually, I see in the Canadian press that Canada is the best place to be to ride out the global crisis, and eastern Canada is the best bit! Hmmm.. spruce beer, always available and deadens the pain...