Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nova Scotia

I have it on good authority that the Nova Scotia tourism people are trolling the internet for mentions of Nova Scotia. Well I am from Nova Scotia, and I intend to visit Nova Scotia next year (seeing as about 300 of my immediate relatives live there) and so I invite the Nova Scotia government to make me an offer I can't refuse. The offer should include this cycling kit:


I will be 50 next year, but I have taken very good care of my bum and I assure you it will look good with Nova Scotia written across it as above. A veritable ambassitor for good living in Canada's poor cousin of a province. Don't tell the rest of them we are replete with rum and lobster here, they will just want some too.

Actually, it is ironic that my bum got whipped into shape living in tropical Australia, because Nova Scotians all know that tropical living leads to decadance and decline, as one must suffer the cold to maintain good character. With this in mind I am now considering moving my visit to the old country ahead to late September/October, so I can see the fall colours and suffer a bit of cold. As I sit here in a lather of sweat from the effort of writing this blog entry, a bit of cold sounds pretty good. Did I mention that the air conditioner in on the fritz?

So I hope the Nova Scotian government not only finds this blog, but that they forgive me for taking the excellent Nova Scotian education I received in Nova Scotia (subsidized by them) and using it where people really appreciate it and pay accordingly.

See you in Nova Scotia in 2009. And I hope the Nova Scotian government come through with the cycling kit so I am not forced to buy the poor substitute that looks like this, but is from 'Old Scotia':




5 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Hey Dee,

You must pull some weight around here. Rodney must have heard you were coming up here next year so he's pulling out all the stops and fixing the roads up.

Spending hundreds of millions!! And he says you are out of luck with the kit though, he doesn't want to interfere with the sales of Lunenburg Bike Barn jerseys.

Yours truly,
The Province of Nova Scotia

ps. your word verification is forcider, and if you come up here in the fall you can have some of that also.
PofNS

Bluenoser said...

And the next word verification is coust. If you come up here in the fall we have lots of that to ride around and look at also.

PofNS.

Bluenoser said...

And the next word verification is gatheor. So if you come visit us in the fall you can gatheor around and listen to us use the word also a lot... also.

PofNS.

Dee said...

In am looking forward to hearing "how's it goin' eh?" in a Canadian accent. It amuses me that Queenslanders say that too.

My verification is keyst, assuring that I will get the keys to the city of Halifax on my arrival.

Bluenoser said...

Would that make you a keyster?

Just asking :-)

-B