Friday, January 30, 2009

a spell of weather

My 1000 kms for January is not looking good. I only need 150, but I can't get a break in the weather, and have been without a ride for days. This is starting to look like an attractive alternative:The good news is it has been too wet to paint. I am pleased to procrastinate til Easter with the painting. The bad news is that even I, super cleaning woman, am barely keeping ahead of the mildew and mould. I went to take my card out of my wallet the other day, and it was all white and furry in there. Good grief.

So it looks like climate 'change' has come full circle for the locals in Townsville. This is a proper wet season, like everyone remembers from their youth. No end in sight for the next several days. Oh listen, it is raining harder!

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

Hey, did you hear the one about the Scotsman that had a wallet with velcro?

The cashier was heard to say that I knew Scots were cheap but when he opens his wallet it screams.

Bada Boom.

-B