Friday, January 9, 2009

strength


I went back to the gym Wednesday, and I have been suffering ever since. I cut back on the repetitions, and went easy (I thought) and geeze I have been in agony. My chest is killing me (pushups) and I thought my legs were going to collapse from under me when I got off at the dam yesterday. Why on earth am I doing this I asked myself.

Well today provided the answer. I had crosswinds that shook me, had me looking to see if I had a flat tire, and generally beat me up. I was hanging on tight and pedaling like mad to go 29 kms/hr downhill this morning, into an impressive headwind. All I could think was “thanks heavens I am strong, thanks goodness I have been working my upper body”. 

So I will recover over the weekend, and back to the gym on Monday. Strong matters. 

Stay safe.

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

Good for you Dee. Do you remember Inspector Gadget from way back.

He'd say, " Why Penny, that's the seconded biggest squirrel I've ever seen."

New Zealand looks like a nice spot.

-B