Friday, March 27, 2009

it's all good

Looking at past posts I am surprised by the number of blogs about work, and in a negative sort of way. I am tempted to write an open letter to the vice chancellor, but what would that matter. I am deeply stressed, but I have manufactured a long string of soothing rides into a veritable granny square afghan of accomplishment this month, so how can I complain?

What can I say about my work and my life. I am a Cartographer. I am one of those annoyingly passionate people who lives and breathes work. I am a control freak. I have lost control of my work, and I am wounded.

So I am training myself to let go. Stop caring so much. They can’t take my excellence away from me. Take that Vice chancellor. I am. I ride. Work has receded to the white noise between rides. The hum of my wheels draws me forward, and I am content.


1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

I feel for you. Congrats on the Hundred Posts.

Things will be better when you come home this year. I have a lobster waiting for you and BoaB.

Fresh out of the water. The wharf is only a football field away.

Now go to your map and see how far that is. I'm sure you know.

-B