Sunday, September 6, 2009

fun run


The team time trial was great fun. The morning was lovely and still, we had a cheeky red winged parrot to amuse us as he enjoyed some seeds from the top of the fence in front of the car. I have never gotten such a good look at one of these birds in the wild before, it made my day.
As usual I didn't have my camera so here is a reasonable fascimilie

Then we did a warm up training session. I had never done a proper rotational ride, so a few kms of practice and we were ready to start. 20km 'there and back', finishing in a group. We did 36 minutes, which is pretty slow since I am out of condition from travelling and a friend hasn't been training at all. But we had a blast and will celebrate at the BBQ to mark the end of the race season this evening.

Now I have to get in shape for next year! Can't wait to start training tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bluenoser said...

The Townsville jersey will be making it's debut on the LeHave Bakery Run this morning Dee. Thanks again. I hope it takes mud well I'll have it on for cyclocross this season.

-B

Bluenoser said...

Update. The jersey was a smash hit. Actually fit well and I looked like the Prince of NS.

Pic to follow as soon as Tom R sends it to me.

-B

Dee said...

Glad to hear it fit well! It is such fun to give out some club kit and see it used so far away. Hope you had a fun race. Scott and I had great fun in the team time trial. He was a bit challenged by cycling down to my pace! I did a ride this morning and will be trying to lift my game. Any pointers for training much appreciated.