Monday, September 14, 2009

the gift

The Bluenoser was nice enough to write about a wee token of my esteem I gave him when we rode the Loop. It was just a delight to give a gift to a mate you see very rarely, but who you share a common bond with. BoaB figures it is great to know another oil rig worker who is still in good nick. A link to our past life. And that is what makes the gift he gave me so special:
A new addition to my wee family of pet rocks from Nova Scotia. You can see that I have a weakness for granite and round. Bluenoser's is the little black and white beauty on the right. I would have loved to have taken a nice big one from his front porch, but I had to be sensible, what with baggage weight and all, and take a little cutie. I was moved that someone else sees a worn granite cobble on the beach and covets it. I always have.

So thanks mate! I have it in the shade so it can settle in to a tropical life. I bet they are trading stories in that dish. "what's your fathers name?..."

1 comment:

Bluenoser said...

As they say on The Tancooks... "Is it ever possible?".

-B