Wednesday, September 2, 2009

safe and sound



And back on my bike, not this bike. I want one like this someday, but not enough to pay someone like Electra way too much. It is surprisingly good on cobbles. I'd wear my helmet though. I hadn't planned on riding in Dresden and left the iconic yellow lid in Frankfurt. I had to wear a hat so I didn't feel totally naked. I crashed at the transition between cobbles and granite curbing as a bus bore down on me on a narrow road, so I am totally over any enjoyment of the 'freedom' of cycling without a helmet. I managed to jump up unscathed and get out of the bus drivers way.

Did a little coffee run this morning to test out the legs. My ankles were really swollen yesterday (what? after only 21 hours in an airplane?) but things are better today. the ol' pins felt like sandbags for the first few kms, but pretty good by the time we got home. I wanted to do a dam run but Scott wanted to get stuck into the painting.

Tomorrow I'll try to join the training group, if I can't hang on I know the coffee will be ordered by the time I get to the cafe. And then I suppose I'd better get stuck into some painting too...

3 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Glad your safe at homer down under.

The LLA.

Dee said...

Homer Americanus is relieved I am gone. After eating in Germany for over a week I am experiencing an urge to embrace veganism. Talk about a carnivorous diet! I suppose beer is a vegetable? Wine counts too!

Dee said...

Geeze, I just noticed those dark shoes! I look like Lance without the dark socks (shudder). To the Copenhagen anti-recreational bike snob: not that you look at my blog, but those are not shorts, they are special Zoot bike shorts made to exacting sporting specifications. So I am still wearing 'kit', so there.