Sunday, November 29, 2009

more to do than ride

No ride today, a good nights sleep and up early to go to Bunnings (Aussie for Home Depot) to sell sausages. This is an epic fundraiser. It takes about a year to get a booking, and no wonder. The Cycling Club will make a packet, a thousand? Much more? I have no idea but it is good fun and well worth it for the money raised. My fast food training was very handy, as was my eye for neatness and ability to multi-task. I really enjoyed myself.

It was a bit hot (32ish) but a good breeze, wind isn't always the enemy. And now it is dark with storm clouds, but will they just evaporate at the edge of the ranges, or will it rain? It is exciting to have weather again after 6 months of perfect winter.

Straight in to work tomorrow? Maybe, or I might leave early for a run to the dam. I have to be at a planning meeting first thing, so I have to be careful not to lose track of time. It will be a bore, because Techos have no say in planning at all, so you have to sit and bite your tongue while they waffle on. No matter what the plan my work is pretty much what I make of it, I'll just keep doing my best.

My training is now all out of kilter, sorry Alberto, but I had more to do than ride today.

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Hey Dee,

You need some good Tancook Saurkraut to put on those sausages and the folks would be beating a path to your door.

-B

Dee said...

believe me, I was salivating for Tancook Island saurkraut the whole time!! It is the best, my Mother used to get so angry when she bought it for dinner, and we would empty the carton eating it raw after school.