Sunday, November 1, 2009

not racing

I slept in this morning, and had a nap this arvo after baking more bars and muffins (we are now banana free). All in preparation for a bit of non-racing. It was a beautiful day, clear and windy and just the right temperature for a hot house flower like me. We rode through a strong easterly wind to the V8 track for a criterion.

I have to confess I was stuffed when we got there, and a few lappies didn't help. But we were early so I collapsed on the grass and drank my water, then I cracked a lemon V with a ton of sugar and a dose of caffeine and by the time we were lining up I felt pretty good. Talk about your performance enhancing substances.

I was on novicover because I am waiting on the paperwork for my license, hopefully I'll get it this week. So that means you are training, not racing. Yea right. We did 15 minutes plus 2 laps, which is just perfect. I managed a big sprint finish, but I wasn't racing mind you, just having fun.

I actually had fans come to watch today, so I hope to get an action shot or two up in the next few days. I am usually the one with the camera, so it is exciting to have a chance to see how I look in motion. Winded I expect!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds exciting! When will you go from "not racing" to racing?

Bluenoser said...

BFZ. Hahahaha.

-B