Saturday, December 12, 2009

jelly legs

As a solitary rider, it is really nice to ride with a big bunch on the Saturday coffee ride and see how everyone is going. I am relieved to report that lots of people, including some cyclists I suspected were actually cyborgs, are "knocked around by the heat".

Thank heavens, I thought it was just me. I am still getting good kilometres in, but less than I would like. I am just so slow. Time has forced it's way into my consciousness because I seem to need quite a lot of it to do my rides. Captain Slow, that's me. I got dropped by the coffee ride this morning for shit's sake, and I didn't even care. I sealed the deal by stopping at a park and filling my water bottle. If you are going to go it alone, at least be well hydrated.

So I am not training, I am in a holding pattern. On good days I will go hard. I am measuring out some possible training routes for when I ramp it up. Finding hills is hard, but I have some possibilities that work into my geography. I am riding every day, because a day without riding is hardly worth bearing, but I am respecting the heat, and what it does to a body. Sweaty and elated, but not fast.

No comments: