Tuesday, January 5, 2010

back to normal

I have been slug lazy, too few kms. Now I am back at work so I have to get going and the universe has realigned. I cycle alone, ipod firmly plugged in and I just ride. I arrive at work with deep regret. I am just getting warmed up.

I apologise to all the lovely people I cycle with, most especially BoaB, but I can't find the zone if I ain't on my own. I have gotten soaked both days so far this week, and I loved it. I loved the ride, the way I feel. My legs are strong and I am just happy to be moving at speed. I love the time to think. I am in an R&D phase at work and there is so much to sort out. So many dead ends and work-arounds to figure out. My brain is busting with new stuff and the ride lets me compartmentalise it into manageable bits. Turns learning into knowledge.

I am going for some decent kms this week, and every week. I just have to get out the door early enough, then the ride takes care of itself. What magic, how lucky we are.

I got a couple of CDs from Nova Scotia today. Put them on the ipod for the trip home. Fantastic to listen to Stan Rogers after all this time, I may have shed a tear. Good riding and music tomorrow, don't care if it rains. Note to self, pack dry socks.

2 comments:

AMR said...

"I have gotten soaked both days so far this week, and I loved it. I loved the ride, the way I feel."

Inspirational!!!

Theresa said...

Good idea about the dry socks! I need to bring a pair of spare socks in to uni to leave in my office for wet days.