Sunday, January 3, 2010

slack as...

Early rain has kept me from riding today. It ended early and we could have gone out, but I had already poured a coffee and settled in with the online media, so we lazily stayed home. Tomorrow it is back to work, and I am not feeling ready at all. And I will have to ride rain or shine, ready or not. Commuting is the best motivator, you just have to get up and get going.

Yesterday saw me and BoaB start some core fitness work on the Swiss ball. I am taking it very easy as I have done a lot of ball training in the past, and I know how much it hurts to leap in with too much enthusiasm. Over the next 6 weeks I hope to ramp it up to a daily session, but I will start with low reps and 3 days a week, and increase from there. It is shocking how much fitness I have lost from "gym avoidance". I have set up my own gear on the breezy south east deck, and I can do my work with no nasty modern music, and a dog in attendance. I can achieve good fitness using the ball and small weights.

Back to the routines, old and new. It is time to think about goals.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I've been thinking of investing in a ball and some free weights as well, I just don't feel comfortable at the gym!

Dee said...

For a start just get the ball. You are all the weight you need, and a few push ups, sit ups and bridges will give you a good work out. My ribs actually hurt to the touch, and I did so little! I am getting fragile in my old age...