Saturday, February 13, 2010

check in

Has it really been a week? Sorry.
There have been a few evenings where the computer was unplugged while there was a lightning storm, but with 9 hours of battery life I confess that is no excuse.

I am a bit over extended at work, so I am in 'come home really hard and crash' mode, which helps with stress, and I suppose with fitness too (but it is only 15 kms) but I am SO not ready for a time trial tomorrow. I should have followed AMR's excellent plan, but it was too hot, and too rainy, and too hard, and I didn't do it (now I am sorry of course). But I am psyching up for it now, having decided about a half hour ago that I would give it a bash.

I should have rested today I suppose, but rode 50kms instead (as you do). Boab woke me up from a sound sleep at 5:15 and said "are you coming?" - we leave at 5:30 - so I leapt up and dressed and out the door and was 20kms or so before I woke up and realised where I was. Yeesh, so much for making a plan for the weekend. I just can't get the hang of this athletic thing, but really, as long as you are having fun.

And now an update for Ant. I did a Google Earth/Pro workshop over two days this week and I am blown away. It is time to take of the GIS goggles and go deep into PRO. I am buying on Monday and can't wait to get stuck into it. If you need to share/visualize data for decision making, this leaves GIS for dead. Vale ESRI.

Now for some carb loading, does wine count?

No comments: