Monday, March 1, 2010

woo hoo!

There was a shot heard round the world this morning. I listened to the game on audio streaming (eurosports) til the end of the second period, then lept on the road bike and scalded to work in time to fire up the computer and hear we were tied, then sudden death overtime and victory thanks to a nice Nova Scotian boy.

Shit at work just didn't matter after that.

Had a super afters party at a Canadian friends after work, an impromptu pizza and champagne affair. We all wore Canadian stuff (I have the roots hat from a former winter Olympics, Alberville? Of course Scott has a hockey jersey, and we have Canadian cycling gear, and t-shirts. It was great fun and we are proud to wear the red and white, and cheer for a great country.

Right, back on your bikes everybody.

6 comments:

Once Known as The Badger said...

You'll note the Canadian jersey I'm wearing as my ID photo for 400,000 Miles and Counting blog... go Canada!

Bluenoser said...

Sid said he didn't even see the goal he's so used to shooting.

-B

I notice Jim's blogs is quiet.

Dee said...

Looks good OKaTB! I can't believe I don't have a Canadian jersey, I'll have to lift my game.

假日的 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光........................................

Mae said...

We watched the game live on cable TV in Cairns. Then, there was an immediate rerun of the whole game, and at least 2 more re-runs that day. Who knew the Aussies were so excited about hockey!! I've always complained about inadequate TV coverage of the Olympics. Well, not this time!! We saw every figure skater in every event, not just the top few. Wow. We had a channel for each venue, live coverage of *everything*and then repeats until way past my bedtime!! Mae

Richard said...

I chewed off all my fingernails and now it's just started to grow back with a huge gold smile.

Richard from Vancouver, Canada.