Sunday, April 25, 2010

a good day

It was a good day. ANZAC day means the dawn service, which means the roads are busy pre dawn, the Strand is packed out for the parade, and you may as well stay in bed and not ride. Sleep in, have a couple of coffees and a nice breaky, then do some housework and putter in the garden.

There was a criterion with registration starting at 3, and I was excited. I ate a good protein and carb lunch watching the noon highlights of the Tour of Flanders, pfaffed about and was ready to go too early. BoaB was amused. We rolled out and were first to register, then we rolled around the track til race time, a good long warm up. This is the last race on the v8 track til September, and I am sad because I really like it. I will continue to get on it to train until the armed guards stop me, because it is just a wonderful place to ride.

Anyway, this was my maiden run with a proper license in hand and my own transponder, so it was a bit special. I think I went pretty good for me. There was the usual head wind on one leg, but it has been worse. I got lapped by some unknown ringers at 10:45 of a 15 minute race, a minute or so later BoaB went by but that is OK. I managed a good sprint at the finish and was not SML. I had fun, I stayed upright, if I ever learn to power around the corners I will be in with a chance.

Tomorrow is a holiday and I don't know what I will do. Got to be a ride in there somewhere...

2 comments:

Bluenoser said...

Ok Dee,

I think if you dig deep you'll have it in the corners... just watch this and keep it going in the back of your head.

-B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg&a=eiiLGHbOynA&playnext_from=ML

Dee said...

Those people are going to get their baggy pants caught in the wheels when they corner...