Thursday, April 22, 2010

old and slow

I am going backwards. I am 'old and slow', a bit of a Cycleccinos inside joke, (scroll down for the after cycle chat, but beware it is LONG and you probably won't get it). But seriously, I AM feeling totally off the boil, I am slow AS, and it is really starting to piss me off.

I actually yelled at myself as I laboured up a hill I normally fly up. What gives? What is wrong with my legs? I gave up wine. Nothing. I had a few extra wines. Better. I actually ate some breakfast, I felt sick the whole ride. I am cross with myself, and snappy at work because of that. I am going to ride longer, try harder. I don't know what else to do.

3 comments:

Once Known as The Badger said...

Overtraining? Or not training enough? It's hard to tell the difference when one is driven. Should I rest, or should I go hard? I pay attention to morning pulse and my weight, but I've also had to give attention to how crabby I feel. The crabbier I get, the more likely it is that I'm just plain tired and need to back off some. Yeah, right! ;-)

Dee said...

I think I am under training, I have an extra kilo or two that tell the tale. I just have to suck it up and get out there.

Groover said...

Ha, all the things that Badger mentions above crossed my mind, too, when I read your post. I like your "more wine" remedy. :-)