Tuesday, May 4, 2010

autumn

Summer has ended. Mornings are cool, not cold, at least as far as the rest of the world is concerned. I am like a lizard though, when it drops below 25 I slow down in the mornings, and when it dipped below 20 the other day I was seriously unmotivated to get on the bike and kick up a breeze. Where did I stash the arm warmers?

No race this weekend, and no hard riding as I decided it was time for a bit of recovery. I decided we should do a hike on Monday to enjoy the holiday, so up Castle hill goat track and down the road we went. It took a lot longer than I expected, but it was beautiful and breezy and we had eaten a big breakfast with our son at the local Greek, so relax and enjoy.

So of course today I am enjoying the pain of using different muscles than usual. I am hobbled unless I ride, which acts like a tonic and loosens everything back up for a few hours, then things seize back up again.

This just in, there is a possum fight in my back yard. I am not getting involved.

Anyway, I have to hike more in future, I am obviously not getting a full workout from cycling. I am looking forward to later starts, since I need the sun on my back when it is cool, and winter is perfect in daytime. No 5am rides for me for a few months I hope, and that is a good thing.

5 comments:

Once Known as The Badger said...

Cooling down there are it begins to heat up here! I ride early year 'round, though. In the winter because there's daylight (it gets dark quite early here then), and in the summer because it's blazing hot later in the day. No rest for the wicked, so they say.

Theresa said...

I'm with you, it's cold in the mornings now! If you're looking for a good hike, I went up to Alligator Creek falls on Monday. It's 17km return but really beautiful. I'll be posting about the hike in the next week... Or there are lots of shorter hikes that I want to check out on this site: http://www.trailsadventurefitness.com.au/trail-maps.html

俊翔俊翔 said...

文章很棒~感謝!!..................................................

Dee said...

Good idea Theresa. We have so many stunning places to hike around here, I think this year I will be a better tourist.

Badger, you are a hard man! : )

Dee said...

Sorry Badger, wrong expression. According to the rules you are a Badass! : 0