Sunday, May 23, 2010

lack of fire

Well I could have ridden today. But I slept late (when did 6:30 become late?) and needed a coffee, and then it was almost time for the TOC coverage (yay! Mick Rogers) and then there was cleaning, and the home visit vet (bless his kind heart). Rusty is now on a new medication to ease his sore knees and hips, and he had a massage and a nice visit with his Vet. The we wandered in the yard and sent Dr. Bassingthwaighte home with a bag of limes and herbs from our abundant block. Way better than a visit to the vet surgery!

Then we cleared up old paint cans and junk, and drove to the tip (where they no longer take paint cans) and bought a few missing ingredients for dinner. I made fresh pasta and a super sauce to go with, and BoaB scrubbed the ceiling in the TV room, washed the couch covers (there is a relationship to dog activity and washing need) and I did yard work and..... I didn't go cycling, even though it was lovely outside.

So I guess it is official that while I love to cycle, it isn't the most important thing in my life. So I didn't make 300 kms this week. Meh. I have found a balance, and I am at peace.

3 comments:

Groover said...

Wouldn't it have been a balance if you had ridden your bike, too? :-)

I rode and then was shattered for the rest of the day and didn't have the energy to clean the bathroom ceiling, nor did I pull the weeds, wash my car and ironed my work shirts. LOL

Bluenoser said...

Hey Dee,

Was going around the Loop today and who was sitting on the steps of the church enjoying the sun in front of his house where we stopped but Gord.

I told him about us stopping last year so he's going to drop you a line.

I then heard the Fire siren go off just as I was passing the hall so turned in and went to a brush fire.

Busy Victoria Day.

-B

Dee said...

Groover:: I am always pretty useless after a morning ride. It amazes me I can ride 35 kms to work and put in a productive day, but 70kms coffee ride and I could nap all day.

Blue::nice to know Gordie got my g'day eventually. I hope to spend more time on the South Shore next time so we can catch up.