Thursday, November 25, 2010

a physio 'graduate'

I mentioned I started physio a couple of weeks back. Now the magic thing about Uni students doing physio with you is that they just want you to get better. They are on a 4 or 5 week placement, sothey don't have a vested interest in locking you in for months of manipulations and massages. So you get a thorough assessment, a bit of massage and a LOT of exercises. I got three new exercises a week so I now have 9, but tell you what, it has made a huge difference. After this weeks session I was pronounced"cured, but reliant on an exercise program".

So I am a graduate with top results. I will keep up (and expand) my shoulder, neck and core fitness work. Of course you have to suck it up and make an effort, but your body needs it. I am so happy to be so much better. 3 weeks physio = 7.5 hours = $15.00. The bargain of the century.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the health science students! I got 40 hours with a personal trainer last year for $0!

Dee said...

It is really interesting to work with the students. They just want you to get better, no vested interests.