Sunday, February 27, 2011

new and improved

As if cleaning up after a big cyclone wasn't bad enough, we were at the demolition phase of a bathroom renovation when it struck. Our plumber/reno magician was dealing with disasters and getting ready to visit Canada (an activity I totally support) but in one day he did the deed, minus trims and fiddly bits.Here is a photo for my family who remember well the pine and yellow melamine symphony of what existed before. I went shopping for a more decorative bin and bits, but I failed in the attempt. Later baby. By the way, the walls are flat white coffee, not yellow. It was getting dark by the time I took this shot.

BoaB and I got the medicine cabinet up this arv. It was epic, fraught and my arms hurt. Looks bloody marvelous though.

We had a small ride for coffee this morning. Saturday standard was rained out. I am SO NOT OK to do the time trial next weekend. I will be old and slow and kind of fat but I'll do it anyway. The shame of it all. Ah well, let the racing season commence.

2 comments:

Mae said...

The bathroom reno looks great! When the racing season commences, I bet everyone is in the same shape as you. The rain has rained on everybody. Well, ok, not on me. I did 25k this morning, dry as.

Dee said...

I may have to set up the trainer. The reno does look amazing for what we spent. As for a slow start to the season, well at least I should be able to look forward to beating my time come fall. It will give me something to train for.