Sunday, May 8, 2011

the hills are aliiive...


I didn't race today because it rained and we wimped out. Plus we never did get interest in a team (the wet weather saw only about a dozen show up). They went ahead and did ITT but it must have been lousy, I hear the road has some very rough bits. I promised myself a long bike ride, but it never stopped raining (it is still gently falling and it is cold enough you need socks!) So I finished the apron I started last night to wear as my costume to the Sing Along Sound of Music:


It does actually have stripes, but of course I couldn't find exactly the fabric I wanted, you never can. I looked at lots of images from the film, thought about it, bought a metre and a half of fabric and got stuck into it. My big sister will be amazed, we all thought the sewing gene had skipped over me, but I guess some things run deep.

Skirt from secondhand shop for $6.50, and I will wear it often because it is a nice cotton one. I think I have achieved Maria frumpyness! Now what to do about the hair... and no it will not get cut or dyed!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh fantastic! Would you believe I've never seen The Sound of Music? I feel like I would like it - I love musicals, afterall - but just have never really had the opportunity. Must remedy that.

Groover said...

Piggy tails? Or plaits!

Mae said...

Your big sister is really impressed with your apron, it looks fab!

Once Known as The Badger said...

You look great!