Saturday, July 23, 2011

summer in the maritimes

Looks like a great time to visit the old country. Summer waited for me they tell me. Well it is sure nice now that I am here.
What's for lunch? My favorite!
Lobster sandwich and chowder from Stirling's in Grand Pre.

What to eat next? I wish I was a bigger eater! I'll have to come back again later...
Puttering around with my family and not doing much. We are gardening a lot, with the occasional break to visit a garden.
I have started a running program you can look at here. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much. Who knew. I am only a few days in and today was supposed to be a rest day, but I walked to town and back, which is 5kms of hill work, so not so restful. And why am I running? to counter this:
I am a Tim Horton's junkie, I admit it. And it is all so cheap! I should probably get a loyalty card of some sort.

My sister had to work today, so I was able to settle in with a pot of coffee and watch the Alpe d'Huez stage this morning. It is such a treat to not be nodding off because the cycling is on in the middle of the night. 9am is such a civilized hour! What a fantastic stage, but I got the jitters so bad watching Cadel have a mechanical I had to leap up and vacuum the house.

I am dying to go for a ride. I went to the bike shop and they had a road bike in my size. hmmmm...

3 comments:

BoaB said...

Hmmmmm- sounds interesting. Yes a nice bowl of Stirling's chowder and a piece of strawberry/rhubarb pie would go down "a treat". Or lemon meringue, or blueberry, or apple, or, or, or.....

Groover said...

What a tease ... this chowder and sandwich. Looks so Yum!

Mae said...

I'll have the lemon meringue and the blueberry, please. Could you please put this blog on your blogroll? I think what Patrick, Dawn, Ray and Trevor are doing is amazing and I think they deserve recognition.

http://cycling2cairns.wordpress.com/