Wednesday, July 27, 2011

westward ho!

There was a garden event at Bunchberry Nurseries in the western Valley, so I suprised my sister in law with an impromptu visit, since she lives just up the road.
When serious gardeners get together it is all hands on hips. My Sister in law is a superb natural gardener. I think there was a bit of plant envy going on!
Rural Nova Scotia architecture. So homey.

Myra, like any gardener, just sees the bits that need work. But there were also 3 or 4 lillies with the first bloom, and she was very excited to see them.
After all the garden touring we were late home, so I treated my Dad to fish, clams and chips. I don't eat much fried food, but this was worth dying for. Note the mega side salad on the left.

Another busy day!

2 comments:

BoaB said...

*Sigh*- clams and chips.... =8^P
I might have to break down and have some calamari in sympathy but it just won't be the same. Myra's garden is looking good too.

Dee said...

I would be having twice the fun if you were here too. : (