Sunday, November 6, 2011

thanks for the flowers

Last evening we were out misbehaving at a pirate themed birthday party. Who knew we would get to a point in life where dear friends were turning 65 (!), we were still dressing up as pirates and still drinking too much champagne. I am not turfing my pirate hats any time soon. Indeed, I may have a crafty afternoon where I help all my friends make one too, as it isn't hard and you need one more often than you would think.

When the taxi brought us home (we are sensible grown ups, after all) we went to unlock the gate and found a bunch of cellophane wrapped fresh flowers wedged in the gate.

Dear GOD! I think to myself, did I double book? Invite someone over and totally forget? This is sadly not impossible, but I swear I have no recollection of any promised meals to students (a great weakness of mine).

I have checked my phone, facebook, email accounts... nothing, no messages or accusations. I guess I have a secret admirer. Well, thanks for the flowers, they are lovely and I am very grateful!

Cycling... I am finished with gym and ramping the kms up to normal. 221.97 kms this week, early meetings kept me in check. I am feeling strong, and finding that magic place where suffering is a pleasure. I lost 4cms off my waist, gained a kilo (lets hope that was muscle) and learned a lot about my body and how to push it.

Now I am ready, and I'm going to ride.



3 comments:

Theresa said...

Mango picking for sure! And pretty flowers - whoever left them has good taste.

Once Known as The Badger said...

I'd love to take credit for the flowers! But in all honesty, it wasn't me, but the spirit is ther.

Dee said...

Mystery solved! My next door neighbour let us know she left the flowers as a thank you for all the dog things we gave her when Rusty died. (she has 3 naughty jack russels I am very fond of). I think it is lovely to have them on his behalf