Thursday, January 12, 2012

another river shot (or 2)





I almost didn't stop for this shot, but I have to confess that my days are filled with routine, sameness, and that is because I like it that way. By the end of the year I expect you will know my wee cycling world as well as I do, and that is the whole point.

This is a fantastic bridge. If I want, I can go from home and to the uni in 6 kms across this bridge, and the cycle lane is on both sides, although it is never very busy so I cheat and use the side with the nicest approaches. My photo is pretty poor, but the view to the Pinnacles is stunning. If I come home this way the light will be better and I will try again.
morning fang to the dam, then to work, 36 kms
afternoon fang up Angus Smith Drive and back home for 15 km

This is my usual daily routine. You may grow weary of seeing it, but then again, there is a lot to observe along here, and it changes as we go through our tropical seasons. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

I'll never grow weary of seeing beautiful sights I'll never most likely see in real life...keep the photo's coming!

Dee said...

I am so glad you visit Lily, it makes it a pleasure for me to share. Actually I adore Ottawa, and really enjoy your photos too. I have a lot of family there, hopefully we can have a coffee together one day.