Wednesday, March 7, 2012

maintenance issues

Far too much of my ride is looking like this. It is absolutely bucketing rain right now, so tomorrow will be worse. I guess I'll be the Queen of cycling advocacy when maintenance is scheduled, rather than happening when I get around to yanking chains. I know that road cyclists are a bit 'princess and the pea' about washouts of sand and gravel, but I am getting too old for all this cyclocross training. There is nice smooth pavement under there somewhere!

Oh boy! The 40mm alarm just rang on the rain gauge! We are in for a flood tonight. 

5 comments:

Mae said...

You have an alarm on your rain gauge? How does that work?

Dee said...

Pretty bad when you cannot comment on a blog without being logged in to blogger. I officially protest. I even put in the diabolical robot words. We may need to rebel.

The rain gauge is a battery powered thingo with a small bottomless cup outside, and a monitor inside. When rainfall gets to 40mm/hr is gives a few beeps, and we make sure there is nothing of enormous value on the floor downstairs. No flooding last night though.

Groover said...

Rain season should be over by now...

Dee said...

We are due for another pulse of monsoonal activity in the next week. Still lots of time for a cyclone to happen. Hope not though.

Mae said...

Your rain gauge sounds really neat. Townsville is stealing all our rain ya b@$&@&$s!