Thursday, April 26, 2012

bitchin'


another day, another near death experience as a motorist comes shooting around this corner at warp speed, shielded from my view by the new sign at the University entrance. *sigh* I suppose I will have to lobby, and gather evidence, and all that. Or we could just wait for a gruesome outcome and take it from there (may be less work, but then, I could be the victim). Why are the folks at my Uni so friggin' stupid?

Nice black and blank sign as you leave. No "thanks for coming" or "have a nice life". Maybe I should plaster it with a giant "Share the Road" billboard... now there is an idea!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I thought that was a problem with the one near the vet turn off, too. We switched to riding on the road past it, rather than the bike path, because it is a real obstruction to looking for turning traffic!

Lily on the Road said...

You have every right to be Bitch'n!! And YES, a huge "Share the Road" sign would be more than appropriate!

Jim said...

I think Share the Damn Road would be a good idea. I was actually hit by a car this morning. No damage to me, but my rear wheel was trashed. Grr.

Dee said...

Oh Jim! Glad you are OK, but sad to think one of your handmade wheels is trashed!!

Thanks for the comments, I am actually going to pursue the idea of using the blank sides...