Yes we have maintenance issues
As you can see in the photo the sun only shone in fits and starts, but it was a lovely 2 and a quarter hour ride for 60 kms and there were things that made me smile:
- I saw a proper farm turkey take flight, and I always believed they couldn't fly, so that was cool
- there were Shetland ponies
- a fence with brightly painted helmets on every post
- pelicans in flight against a perfect patch of blue
- every bike and skate park full of kids doing their thing
- an orange gummy candy on the road where I was thinking "nobody cycles this way"