Saturday, August 18, 2012

samosas

I made a good hot curry the other night, and as usual even though I used only one of every ingredient (you know, an onion, a carrot, a bit of pumpkin, a big potato, one chicken breast), there was lots. I added my own ruby chard at the end and it was great. 
So I was thinking about using leftovers and decided to make samosas. I always find them to be a big chore because you have to make the filling, and the dough, and it is all a bit hard. With leftovers the filling is done, and the dough is the easy part. I did put the cold curry on a board and chop it up into small bits, since I make it pretty chunky. Then I made the dough
 Samosa Dough
  mix together:
1 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of salt
3 Tbs of vegetable oil
1/3 cup of water
   Mix all of this together. Knead it up and then set it aside covered with a warm damp cloth to rest for about 1 hour.

Just make into balls (I got 7) and roll out, then a big spoonful of curry, crimp and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes to a half hour. Fantastic.



6 comments:

BoaB said...

I bow at the altar of the "Smokin' Hot" Samosa!!!! When are you making the next batch?

Dee said...

The dough is so nice, anything is game. Savory mince, chilli, red beans...

Tim Joe said...

Man those look good! and I think I caught a glimpse of a wine glass in the last shot: Pinot?



Dee said...

I do love a good pinot but this was a $6 a litre shiraz. I figure a steady diet of the ordinary makes you appreciate the good stuff when you get it.

Mae said...

Re:domestic goddess. Our 40th Wedding Anniversary Afternoon Tea was da bomb!! We had 27 seats, and several people standing. The molten chocolate cake from Petite Cafe in Kuranda was DIVINE!! Too bad you couldn't make it, S,D &P, but we're doing a "bigger and better" 60th birthday bash when I get back from NS. Hope you can make it. LOVE Mae

Dee said...

Nothing could keep us away! will make samosas!