Monday, October 15, 2012

feeling better

I knew before I got up that my face was in strife. I couldn't sleep on my right side because it throbbed, but even that didn't prepare me for a look in the mirror when I got up. UGH!

My face now hurts more to look at than to feel, and that has to be a good thing. I stayed home today, which grieved me because that means no bike ride, the cancelling of some really valuable meetings, and missing the annual 'laying on of hands' of our Vice Chancellor. Bugger.

So I pottered in the garden, and went to the shops and got free food for Ride to Work Day on Wednesday, iced my face regularly while reading the news of the world and keeping up with my email, and I cut some fresh flowers. I think I'm healing so well because of their beauty. I don't look normal yet, but I do feel better.

3 comments:

Tim Joe said...

Good lord, lady! You certainly live an exciting life. While flowers fix everything, what if there had been a bee...

tj

Groover said...

Would you like us to call you Angelina from now? ... Sorry! Heal quickly and heal well!

Dee said...

I am better thanks! Glad you both dropped by. I had a decent ride this morning, 35 kms, headwinds, a bit of fanging, what a tonic.