Sunday, April 14, 2013

dog day afternoon

In the nicest possible way, because today is gotcha new greyhound day
My name is Sheila and today I got a green collar because I was adopted as a certified good girl

Scott caught in the act of making smoochys to his new girl. We are trying to resist feeding her every time we look at her. She has had a couple of healthy treats to see her through the afternoon though. Such a skinny hound. Can't wait for the "after" shots when she is fleshed out a bit.

She is very relaxed and quiet

What a dear soulful face. It will soon be walking o'clock, and we will take Sheila for her fist wander by the river. There will be lots of dogs to meet and soon after it will be dinner time. It's a dogs life.

8 comments:

Carol said...

She is LOVELY!!!!!! I'm so glad you have a dog again - the walking will round out your daily program so nicely. I am being BARKED at as I write this due to the slight lag in toy throwing.This is not what I expected with an old dog!

Dee said...

Sheila is less than two, but so quiet she would be ideal for the old and infirm. I hope she gets a bit more feisty as she settles in and get some condition back. Give that silly Rudy a kiss from his aunty.

Mae said...

I love her already and I can't wait to meet her. I can't recall seeing a skinnier dog, even in non-dog-friendly places in the third world and remote indigenous communities. Dear sweet Sheila, I'm so glad she's with you now.

Dee said...

We do get some stern looks on walks, like this is all my fault. Anyway, I love spoiling dogs and this one is very in need of spoiling. She is setting in well and had some playful times today, as well as sitting on my knee and greeting me with yips and hops at the end of the day.

Mae said...

Ooooh stern looks! I can just imagine!! You need a t shirt that says 'Don't worry about the dog, she's already rescued'. Or, alternatively, 'piss off'.

Mae said...

Ooooh stern looks! I can just imagine!! You need a t shirt that says 'Don't worry about the dog, she's already rescued'. Or, alternatively, 'piss off'.

Tim Joe Comstock said...

Cheeseburgers! Cheeseburgers and then pie! Then a banana milkshake!

Dogs are the best. I think the bit about the stern looks is funny. I don't know why, just some kind of ironic huumor and a comment on the human race that people would assume that you would starve your dog then take it out on a leash for all the world to see.

I think she is quite lucky and I wish all the best for the new family member.

Dogs are the best.

tj

Dee said...

Ha! Mae what a good idea, and TJ, you inspire me to have the t-shirt say "don't worry, I has cjeezburger now"