Sunday, June 16, 2013

too big for a title

My life is always rather full, and lately it must have been overflowing because I couldn't seem to fit any blog love in. So here is a big dump of photos and blather. Work has been busy + I applied for $14,500 as a grant from my Universities sustainability fund on the theory that that was way too much and I would get nothing. Instead I got it all and have been scrambling to register JCU as an accredited AustCycle training provider which has been FRAUGHT with more legal/policy stuff than I knew was possible for one lifetime. And then AustCycle scheduled the training for a different day than we verbally agreed on. And I have not had ONE person on my campus interested in doing the training. Breathe in, breathe out....  it is all coming together and I have accepted that sometimes everything cannot be perfect.

So, first, there was a yarn bombing. I contributed zero to the effort, but the result is still worth a place on my blog because I was utterly charmed by it. This is just a tiny glimpse of all the nice work. It really cheers up a dreary spot on camps, congrats "chicks with sticks" on your first bomb.

a bit of colour on the stairs

cute garlands

OMG I an loving what they have done to the bike rack!!

comfy and cute!!
Inserted into all the madness was a conference in Cairns. A conference always seems like a good idea until you are frantically sorting out work, and then I took a foster dog two days before I left. Brilliant!
walking to my hotel I was moved by these cafe tables. Hydrographic charts are always beautiful, and whisper of new places and far horizons. 

lovely hotel, too bad it was drizzly the whole time 

look who won the 'uber geek Ferrari" for the most tweets and photo uploads! Lucky for me this is all the car I need!!

Silver medalists in the Spatial Olympics!! I shouldn't be revealing how much fun I have while claiming to be working. 
 While I was in Cairns I had to spend a night with family, because having them in Australia is a great gift (and we are very fond of each other)!
My darling little dogs! They always treat me like royalty and are so sweet.

I bagged that pumpkin and carried on the plane, as you do. I also had a meeting with this representative of the JCU BUG in Cairns to sort some things out, which was useful. 

food jungle!! look at all those chillies!

always orchids in bloom in the wet tropics

even the culinary ginger is blooming! Not at my house alas.
Almost there, pour another cuppa or glass of wine...
This is Izzy, our new foster girl. She is a total sweet lamb and we love her already. She is Ex-racing, has a hugely different physique to Sheila, who has never raced. She is velvet on steel and loves to lean in for a hug and some kisses.
One thing she does not love is the stairs. They are very scary. A wonderful friend who is a carpet layer covered our  back steps so you cannot see through them - for free. I was very moved to come home and see this. No luck so far, but Izzy gets carried up by Scott (who is such a soft touch!!) and we hope that since success is 99% desire, she will come to love us enough to make the effort. 
Ok, that is the phone photos up to date (like last weekend), so there will be another blog with the camera photos and the evolution of the yard to a greyhound track.






No comments: