Sunday, December 22, 2013

almost Christmas!


I have been getting reminded that I really should blog, and I say I will but I never seem to get aroundtoit. Sorry Mom and Dad! I'll get lots of photos and stuff up over the hols. Everything is very good here, the summer is really lovely so far (Carol, this would have been a good year to come over :p)

a perfect Christmas tree worth stepping onto hazardous ground to photograph.
Me and Izzy in the garden. I neglected to get my hair cut this year. Don't worry, I had a prune a few weeks ago. I have better things to spend my money on, like dogs!

Look how sweet!

Bikes! Yikes! I got a grant which let me hire a part time mechanic, and then I needed to hire another because one wasn't enough! We have done up 50 bikes for the JCU Green Bike program, and a LOT of them were returned for a $20 return on a $50 purchase price, plus many more as well! We should have over 60 to sell on O-week, which is a very big deal. 

Here is a very nice shot of Tess, I had to nip up to Cairns for the launch of a map series I designed and worked on with the Wet Tropics Management Authority.

They are vegetation maps which "match" the topographic maps so they are easy to use in the field (the veg map is the top one)
Me and Mike, the Cartographer for WTMA. It was a huge team effort to create a 54 map series, and it is a shame that Karsten, my German student who did a ton of work on this was unable to be with us. 

Best Christmas decoration on the street!
So it has been a very huge last couple of months, and I confess to being a bit done in by it all. I have had a couple of weeks to recover and am starting to get some energy back (just went for a run!). Have a very Merry Christmas everyone, I'll be thinking of you all.


2 comments:

Tim Joe Comstock said...

Merry Christmas, Dee. Good to see you up and blogging again.

tj

Dee said...

merry Christmas to you TJ, I hope you had a good one and that 2014 is kind to us all.